Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Can we shake on it? Hells no!

Warning sensitive types: the following post is blunt and mildly disgusting.

Pet peeves, we all have them. Here's a huge pet peeve of mine. When you use the bathrooom gentlemen, it wouldn''t hurt anyone if you arrive 30-45 seconds later in order to wash your hands. No one in this world can be too busy to not be bothered with washing their hands. However everyday at my work there are at least three or four hygiene challenged folks that skip out.

I don't give a rat's ass if you are just pissing or crapping or if your the CEO or a dumbass in accounting. All situations and parties must give their hands a good scrubbing after the fact. I know you don't just go to the bathroom and shake or wipe. I see the disgusting evidence that gets left behind you slobs. Sure, you may want to pick your nose and shit at the same time, who doesn't I ask, but why must you smear your nasal findings on the walls like we're a bunch of frat boys. Use some asswipe, a.k.a. toilet paper, to dispose of that vulgar matter or just eat it. Then when you are finished taking care of your business don't treat the sink area like a toxic waste site. Get your hands wet, apply some soap, rub hands together vigorously and then dry hands. Once hands are dry could you please dry off the countertop so I don't look like I pissed in my khakis because you failed to do your pubic duties.

I know who you are co-workers and I keep tabs of all violators. Either you're a washer or you aren't. Mr. Pauf, I know you go straight from shaking a deuce* in the baƱo to the kitchen where you will waste yet another styrofoam cup for your beloved coffee. So think twice before you shake your co-workers hands. Editorial note: I am not one of those freaky germ people either. I worked food service related jobs for half my life and understand the benefits of good hygiene.

Father Egan has spoken and is watching your every bowel movement!

*shaking a deuce = pooping