Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

480 minutes

That's how many minutes there are in a typical work day. Hopefully most of you work a good 420 of those. I would prefer not to think about how many of my minutes were used for "work" purposes today. Case in point, today I went swimming during lunch and extended over my alloted lunch time by 30 minutes and happened to leave 90 minutes early for a dental appointment. I guess one could accuse me of not being terribly productive today. They would be right. So I have some catching up to do during the remainder of the week. In case you are wondering, time spent IMing does count as work time for all of you keeping track. I am at my desk waiting to put out the next fire should anyone need my services. Totally available should I need to be contacted. Don't make walk fast to pretend to be busy... Oh how I love ALT TAB combo, let me count thy ways!

My tooth is now gone and I probably resemble a hockey player more than a model. My wife told me I had "tampon breath" and I wasn't quite sure how to respond. She truly meant it in the nicest possible way though. I had to chuckle when this was said and decided not to prod. My dentist is so dope that it took all of ten minutes to extract the problem tooth of mine. Anyone else here like that sound when a tooth is removed? It's like Tchaichovsky I say.

Embarrassing event of the evening: We stopped at the neighborhood grocery store to get a few items for dinner. Keep in mind E-FO's breath is still rather rancid after his tooth extraction a couple hours earlier and he had a bit of a gas issue. I am jokingly not permitted to stand within a couple feet of my wife because of my breath. Combine that with something we can call flatulence and we sure hoped to hell we wouldn't see anyone we knew inside the grocery store. I would be forced to feign interest or explain my unusual behavior. Thinking I was safe in the aromatic coffee/pasta aisle I let one fly and promptly gave the evacuation orders. Before I was able to take a couple quick strides away from said smelly area ...what the hell do you know, we ran into some talkative friends of ours. The timing couldn't have been worse. My wife and I couldn't stop smirking and therefore had to explain why we were smirking, hoping the coffee bean aroma was stronger than my ass and my tampon breath. La fin!