Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Monday, December 13, 2004

Weekend wrap-up

Friday: Enjoyed some after work beverages with my wife's co-workers, listened to the them talk shop even though I was promised they wouldn't. Drove to a different part of the city and fit the MINI into a super tight spot near a theatre. Parked there because we went and saw a friend of ours perform opening night ofA Tap Dance Christmas Carol. Got a bouquet of flowers for our friend during the intermission. This was my first ever tap dance and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Gave bouquet to our friend and congratulated her on a job well done. Got back to MINI and no one had egged it or keyed it. Good night!

Saturday: Slept in way too late, did some more Christmas shopping. Also did some shopping for myself, buying a couple pairs of shoes at Nordstrom. Had all my curls chopped off. Cleaned the house a bit and then headed off to Nogfest 2004. This is hosted by my wife's co-worker. Great nog again and damn the hard stuff gives you a rather hefty quick buzz. Came home and blogged like the addict I am and went to bed.

Sunday: Woke up kind of late as result of too much blogging the night before. Went for a Sunday morning swim at the gym. Nope. Sharkman wasn't there this time. Actually had a lane to myself the entire time. POOL TEMP= still too warm for us hardcore swimmers. Picked up some bagels (garlic and asiago) on the way back home and ate them back at the house. Made much needed trip to Trader Joe's for some groceries. Underbid on how much money we spent on these groceries. Did some more work around the house, actually not true. Honestly I fell asleep on the couch while listening to music while Nancy was making her amazing pistou* for guests. I conked out while trying to locate quick crème brûlée recipes. Unable to concoct the broolay short notice, I took a quick 15-20 minute power nap. Dinner guests/friends are on their way with their baby. Have dinner, baby poops during dinner making pistou (pistou is pesto soup common in the Provence area of France) not so appealing, but I continue eating since I am starving. Friends give us an impromptu gift.

TANGENT: I am 31, but I guess I still have a little boy inside of me. Our guests/friends gave us an early Christmas gift after dinner. We, really me, got a remote control MINI Cooper. Why this thing was so entertaining to me, I don't know. I think this may have do with the fact that I only got those lame Radio Shack cheapies when I was a kid. It had one freakin' button on the remote and would make the car reverse in circles. You would let go of the button at the appropriate point to get it to go hopefully where you desired. This MINI remote control car can even skid out. Okay, back to real life...

Sunday night (continued): Finish up our food, dessert, and watch the four month old baby smile, cry, smile, cry, sleep, smile, and then leave with parents. Now it's late so I rush back and get the TiVo going so I can see who will win the Survivor finale. My money was on Eliza, but she didn't win. Watch a tiny bit more tv and now am blogging. Still have to take the stinking garbage out for pick-up tomorrow Argh! Now I can just refer people to my blog when they ask how my weekend was and that's how I like it. Ain't the internet great?

WEEKEND RATING: Good, fun, and productive one.