Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Turkey Day

Today is Turkey Day and I am spending it down here in Florida with my wife and her parents. This is my first visit to Florida and so far everything seems to be good with just a couple exceptions.

Exception one: Egan doesn't like buffet style eating and it seems like the norm down here. Tonight while we were dining at such an establishment, an older man required medical attention so I was a little hestitant to order anything with bones. The restaurant staff says it happens fairly often. I guess this explains why most seemed to be stepping right over the struggling man on the way to the soup bar. Thankfully he appeared to be doing alright as he waved to the restaurant patrons on his way out on a stretcher. Wasn't sure if I should have taken a knee as we were taught in youth soccer leagues, but he was given a round of applause in return as he was whisked off the premises.

Exception two: "We have Coors Light, Bud Light, Michelob, Rolling Rock, and Amstel Light. Do you have any microbrews? Wow, I should have thought once before asking about microbrews. I am in the south, in Florida, in a gated community, and in buffet style restaurant. What the fuck was I thinking?

"Yes sir, we have Mac & Jack's, Sierra Nevada, Alaskan Amber, and Black Butte Porter. While I am it Mr. Snooty, would you like a me to wipe your tree hugging ass too?"

I guess it would have been a reach and way much too ask. I ordeded a white russian instead since I have a weakness for Kahlua and wanted to avoid confrontation. Next time a mojito it will be. Lesson learned --> No microbrews in Florida's gated communities.

Happy Thanksgiving to three or four people that might happen to read this! Gobble Gobble!