Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Homage to R.E.M.

R.E.M. was in Seattle for two shows this weekend and I just couldn't justify the $160 it would cost for two to attend. Guess I haven't been to a concert in a while since Sprizee says this is a fairly typical price. I suppose the last concert I witnessed was Peter Gabriel in 2003 and those tickets were around $50 a piece. So I am pathetically at home listening to my REM playlist as if I was at the concert. Not quite the same, but now I can use the $160 that would be used for the R.E.M. tix to buy the complete U2 box set off of iTunes. That's not a shabby trade the way I see it.

Stipe, I still love you and appreciate your outspoken nature this year and over the past 25... give or take few. It's tragic we weren't able to bring the bastard Bush down, but you can't blame us for not trying. Oh and please don't take it personally some curly haired fan wasn't in the crowd tonight. Michael, Around the Sun is definitely your best album since New Adventures in Hi-Fi and should get much radio play time. Your music has personally pulled my through some lows (personal loss) and highs (road trip to Quebec) and all the in betweens. Thankfully there have been a lot more ups than downs. Thanks Michael, Peter, Mike, and Bill Berry (we still think fondly of you).