Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Fahrenheit 206, eh?

206 isn't a reference to a certain temperature at which books burn, just a certain area code I live in. I feel like I should just burn all my books because all they're doing is collecting dust. It's rather frustrating since I do love books. I sort of have a minor problem where I like to visit book stores and can not leave them empty handed.

Today I visited a lovely bookstore in Seattle, Elliott Bay Books, and just had to buy How To Be A Canadian. I have watched lots of Kids in the Hall episodes over the years, memorized all the Canadian provinces, know how to pronounce Chrétien, know that Gretzky was the best baseball player ever, can tell the difference between the CN Tower and the Space Needle, know that Larry Walker was the best hockey player ever, and most importantly know that for some very odd reason Newfoundland is 4.5 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time. I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore my fellow Americans. I figured How to be a Canadian could come in handy over the next four years.

I purchased that book because the topic seems interesting and hope to some day read it. I have many others that fit into the same category. My book queue is longer than my Netflix queue ever could be. I feel like an autumn squirrel gathering as many books as possible so some day in the future I will read them... or will I? Now that I have been introduced to blogs it might be time to introduce me to the bottle, weening me off the cyber nipple. There's just too much information to read on the net. It may have slown down my work productivity too, but the verdict is still out on that one. ....GUILTY on all counts!