Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Friday, February 11, 2005

Hawaii dreaman'

Who doesn't desire this guy? In 2003 we went to Maui with our friends. This guy and his family from Wisconsin stayed in the unit above us.

Last year my wife and I went to France instead, but our friends returned to Maui. This same guy and his two annoying kids and wife were above our friends for the second consecutive year.

Their kids are out of control monsters that would thump the floor, our ceiling, all day long. They would wake up at the crack of dawn and play tag, splash about in the pool, and yell. Great, go to Maui to wake up to kids running around in unit above yours. Can't believe our friends had the pleasure of meeting them twice. That's pretty shitty luck I must say. Worst experience about them, the mom's way of calling her 2 year old, "hello baby boy" in her shrill voice. I still hear her voice in my head two years later.


Short, yet important rant: along the kids line. I do love kids and have been an uncle since I was 13. Just want to throw this out there though for people with kids or the intruding types. Please stop asking when or if my wife and I will ever have kids. It's inappropriate and none of your freaking business. I could make an entire post on this subject, but don't have it in me right now.