Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Don't let the door expose you on the way out

Bathroom doors can be puzzling sometimes. Why put the hinges on one side of the door when the other side of door would have provided some much needed privacy? There are bathrooms where the door swings right into the stand up urinal. "Hello ladies, this is me taking a leak. How are you tonight?".

Yes, I do realize some of the poorly planned doors may have to comply with our disabilities laws, but some would work just fine if hinges were moved to the other side. I frequented a restroom like this over the weekend so it's fresh in my mind. I notice there are bars around Seattle where perverted men will strategically place themselves with a direct sight line to the ladies W-C*. Unless you are Judge Reinhold or an AARP member, this is unacceptable behavior. (Somehow I do have an AARP temporary card, so I am dismissed).


*W-C= bathroom or water closet