Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Eyes wasn't so smart

Monday was personal grooming day for me. I had an eye appointment in the afternoon and went to get a haircut later that evening. I got to my new eye doctor's office about five minutes early. I verified all my employer benefits stuff and was ushered into a waiting room. I sat in that waiting room for a good 25 long minutes reading Ski agazine before my eye doctor arrived. (Good news, Whistler/Blackcomb is still the number ski resort in North America.) Needless to say I was a little miffed I sat there for so long, especially considering I was "missing work". Yes, missing work means I wasn't able to blog or IM.

Everything turned out fine at the eye doctor with a tiny exception. It's a bad idea to get your eyes dilated, walk across downtown Seattle, then drive back to work, try and read email or IM with Sprizee, then get your haircut and then try and watch tv. Dilated eyes don't allow you to tell how poorly your hair was cut or what the hell happened on Fox's 24 with Kiefer. Good news is I barely meet the requirements for eye laser surgery should I ever consider the procedure. Bad news, no device has been created yet which would automatically insert my contacts into my eyes. Yes, I do have two hands and ten fingers, however they are utterly worthless when it comes to contacts.