Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Friday, February 04, 2005

My right foot

Blogger's Note: photo of my feet has been removed because even I can't look at them any longer, especially my right foot. Later today they will be cut off and replaced with fake ones. Or it can be accessed here.

You make the call! These are my lovely 31 year-old feet. Can you tell if I am left footed or right footed? I think you can. Yes, I know I need a pedicure, but why mess up my sexy soccer toes?

I hurt myself just wee a bit playing soccer on Wednesday night. Injury occurred in the first half of the game, but no I wouldn't dare sit out the entire match. That would be a huge hit to my ego.

I played in the second half and took one really hard shot on goal and of course missed. Did I break my foot? Hells if I know. Sure it hurts like a mofo, but what can I do? I know for a fact I can still swim and walk so all is well. I have an innate fear of doctors so I will let it heal on its own. Nothing a little ice and ibuprofen can't improve with time. Beer seemed to ease the pain a bit last night. Tonight it was a little Brazilian dance music.


To add insult to injury our team lost after giving up two goals in the last five minutes. Serves me right for trash talking poorly on the field. Second lesson learned that night: don't talk smack when you have a gimpy right foot.