Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Zit pickety

Some of you may not want to read any further, but this is a subject I have been curious about for some time. Plus by typing the last sentence you are already hooked to this post... or maybe not. Can someone explain to me what is it with certain females and a little acne popping fetish some ladies have?

Okay this may seem like it's out of leftfield or something, but my wife and her best friend both confess they love to pop their spouses acne. Yes, I am the recipient of said behavior. I really have been blessed with pretty good skin so it doesn't happen all that often, but for some reason her eyes light up when I take off my shirt in front of her. It has nothing to do with my huge pecs or rippeed abs gang... I can see her scanning my body looking for acne or blackheads. It's rather humorous. I overheard her talk to her friend about this and her friend openly admits to this behavior with her lovely husband.

What's E-FO missing here? Why is this an appealing thing for some females to do? Before you start calling my wife a bizarre psycho bitch, keep in mind she is now reading this blog. She has a wonderful sense of humor though and I can't wait for her reaction to this post whenever that may be. (sidenote: might be getting my wife hooked on my blog...don't say anything though.) I have my assumptions why the acne removal on the significant other is so intriguing, but would love to hear your thoughts. Here are a couple theories: reach. Most of us can't reach the middle of our backs so it's a bonus when someone can do it for us and clear our skin at the same time. Second theory: grooming. I think it's in our genetic makeup to want to groom those closest to us, whether it be roommates, friends, significant others, etc. For example, I used to give my male friend pedicures in college and in return he would cut my curly hair. Now that's a decent tradeoff.

-Dr. Bioré