Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Monday, February 28, 2005

We all float on

Why do I love Seattle so much? This weekend the weather was gorgeous. Sunday the city was shrouded in fog all morning and afternoon. One of those absolutely perfect days where you just have to get out of the house. It's a day where you would feel guilty watching a movie or hanging out indoors, i.e. swimming at a gym. Zero whales or bald eagles seen at our neighborhood waterfront park where this picture of the ferry was snapped.

Since the weather was so nice I decided it would be a good idea to spend an hour or so indoors. I went for a swim early Sunday morning at the gym prior to our park visit. Didn't seem like there was anyone there, but what could I tell.. the lights were barely on. I changed into my suit and jumped in the vacant pool. It was a little odd without the lights on. A swim friend of mine, Katy, compared it to your roller skating days. I thought it reminded me more like a scene out of Gremlins or Cocoon. Think of your moonlight bowling, but imagine swimmers instead of hot bowlers. The dimmed lights did make it harder to see the multitudes of band-aids that gather on the pool bottom. I felt so comfortable with the low light level that I swam in my birthday suit. Needless to say no one wanted to share a lane with me. Damn shrinkage!

P.S. I know you all care about my computer problems of last week since I received numerous fan emails on the subject. My previously mentioned swim friend Katy has a friend that's a huge Apple supporter like myself. He shot me an email with steps to correct the problems. Everything is now fixed so kudos to Ryan for helping me get my blogging groove back on. This is a fitting human interest story for People Appreciation Week.