Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Monday, March 07, 2005

Can I buy some testicles please?

While working out at the gym late last night, I had my iPod turned off to do crunches at the end of my workout. So what song comes on the 24 Hour Fitness sound system? The most annoying and cheesy lyrics for a song ever. How old is John Mayer and why the hell is he preaching to fathers, mothers, and men? Who does this guy think he is? This song is so freaking sappy I can't take it. That song from his previous album was equally pathetic, "Your Body is a Wonderland". I want to Van Gogh my ears whenever I hear either of them. Let's just say this, his current Daughters song has the same effect on me as a Tom Shane radio ad. I think most of you know what that means. I will take butt rock and radio ads over Mr. Sappy John Mayer any day. Was John Mayer on 90210?

Enough about him though... this damn blog is about me... and I guess about other peeps I know. Thanks for asking all, yes I had a good weekend. The weather in Seattle was amazing yet again. We visited lots of our friends over the weekend. The highlight of the weekend had to be welcoming back a friend of ours that has been over in Iraq for the past year. It's great to have Matt back safe and out of danger. I had a chance to hold his flack jacket/vest. Unbelievable how anybody moves over there with an additional 40 pounds draped over their midsection and the heat. Sure does come in handy though in the event it's ever needed.

Hey, no open ended questions for you all today! You're off the hook. (John Mayer stuff doesn't count... respond to my criticisms if you must)