Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Friday, March 04, 2005

Moi, je suis l'homme parfait

Here's a lovely photo of me doing what I do most often, listening to music while I blog. Hell, that's what I am doing right now sans the music.

My wife read my blog last night and even made a comment or two... I think. The sideways pic in my Profile isn't her favorite one so I offer the faithful this picture instead.

I was chatting with a fellow blogger and we got to talking about perfect people. Do any of you know what constitutes a perfect person? Is anyone perfect afterall and if not why does the word exist?

I have a belief that those appearing "perfect" are most likely quite screwed up somehow, but just choose to bottle up their emotions. They have a great game face on so to speak. My brother used to joke about fashioning himself as the perfect man and it cracked me up because part of me thinks he believed it and another part knew he was being a complete smart ass. Are we perfect based on others moral codes, religious beliefs, societal norms, etc.? Really now... is anything or anyone truly perfect?