Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Why the long face?

In the spirit of appreciating people this week... I am no longer running for my life like I was last week. This week it's my goal to befriend as many people as possible and learn as much as I can about them. If you see me coming, don't run the other way. Take a moment to chat me up. I would love to learn more about folks I already know or complete strangers.

If I am to enjoy People Appreciation Week to its fullest then I need to learn how and why people tick. What makes someone happy? Why are certain days better than others? Is it a series of poorly timed events that ransack a perfectly good day? Does weather really influence your mood? Come at me with your thoughts on this manner. Maybe you had a great weekend, explain to me what made that weekend better than others. Did you see some friends you haven't seen in awhile or get out in the great outdoors? And will I ever stop asking questions?

Generally I'm a pretty happy go lucky person. Sure there are some serious pet peeves of mine, but I think overall I am fairly optimistic. I am quite realistic at the same time which can be off-putting for many people because they only want to hear a rosy version of what could or did happen. Let's learn more about ourselves, our co-workers, our friends, our blog buddies, and of course our families. Thanks in advance for sharing.