Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ladies Appreciation Week

I have decided that this week is Ladies Appreciation Week. Yes, I know all 52 weeks of the year we should love you, but this week I'm discussing female related posts. It appears I have written about female dominant issues thus far. Well, why ruin a good thing. Not sure when it occured, but that cupid character struck all the women in my life with arrows. Maybe it's because my mom* has such a profound influence in my life, but I must thank all of you out there in the blogosphere and beyond. Thanks for listening to me when the chips were down. I am thankful to have such an amazing network of friends. You have provided me with very useful insight on tons and tons of things, ideas, and whatever else. Thanks to all.

Yes, I am happily married. How did I know my wife was the right person? Well as some of you may be able to tell, I'm a bit odd and my wife is the first person I dated that completely understood who I was. She just got me. What really won me over was a book of short stories she wrote for me back in 1998 before I embarked on a cross-country road trip to find myself. Before I hit my first patch of interstate I was sobbing like a baby because I had finally met someone that truly understood all that is Egan. I had second thoughts about the timing of my road trip and as hard as it was for my wife, she encouraged me to carry out my solo road trip dream. How did we meet you ask? Believe it or not we met in a now defunct Seattle danceclub appropriately named the Romper Room. We did the long distance thing at first and solidified our relationship with phone conversations that went deep into the night. I could go on and on, but in the interests of not boring too many of you... I will let it be. Too much public gushing could be a turnoff. N-PO you rock!

Men you will get your time, I promise. Future topics for the male reader will include, but are not limited to the following: how to attract the females while at the gym using good flexing poses, proper grooming techniques, hairstyles to drive the ladies crazy, music to play (and not play) in your car with all the windows down, elevator friendly topics with hot women, authors, foreign language practice, and finally why one shouldn't post late at night after drinking a beer with 6.8% alcohol content

P.S. I am a bit tipsy at this late hour. Seriously contemplating tracking down an old actual journal of mine and typing out an entry or two. Not sure that's a wise idea since I know Dr. Phil reads this blog.

*much more on my lovely mother tomorrow Saturday. (serious post alert)