Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Je t'aime iPod

Against all odds I decided to lift weights for the first time in about two years tonight. I swam earlier today in very chilly water at the club. In addition to my early morning swim I thought I should start lifting weights again. Can I tell you how nice it is not to be flooded with the crappy music they play in the club? I think you can imagine my excitement. Thank you iPod! Sure I've owned my iPod for over one solid year now, but I never took it to my twenty four hour fitness club before. In the past I took it running, écouted* at work, zoned out on bus rides, accompanied me in the MINI Cooper, and educated/entertained me on long cross country flights. It's best asset though is its ability to drown out the annoying hyperactive music the club plays. Now I might even enjoy lifting weights, however it won't make me any stronger. "Can I get a spot man?"

*écouted: from the French verb écouter which means to listen. So it means listened in this made up sense.