Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Monday, March 14, 2005

Timbuk 3: gotta wear shades

It was another absolutely fabulous weekend in Seattle. I honestly can't remember the last time it rained here and I have a steel trap for a memory. Did some clothes shopping and lots of exercise. We were able to go on a tiny spending spree this weekend because we are getting a nice four digit tax refund. Hurray!

Saturday, finally saw the movie Million Dollar Baby. Yes I did cry about three times in the movie. It was one of the better movies I have seen in a while, last movie I liked this much was Sideways. This movie definitely deserved the accolades it garnered at the Oscars. I think as Sprizee said in a post of hers, if you don't cry at this movie.... you are dead to the world.

Earlier in the day Saturday my wife and I bought a bunch of clothes since it's summer in Seattle. (I do love getting new clothes as they create a newness in the wardrobe.) Well maybe it isn't summer quite yet, but us Seattleites like to think it is. An over 60 degree day this time of year means my peeps are wearing shorts everywhere. For those of you not from here, be advised to bring your sunglasses. Note: they won't be used for the sun, but will be used to avert your eyes from the pasty white legs everywhere, including the man typing this.

Sunday, decided it would be an awesome idea to just workout a bunch. I went for a run late Saturday night, woke up Sunday and went for a swim early in the day. After checking out some open houses in our hood, my wife and I played tennis together. I then tried to read, but was too exhausted from late night IMing the night before... so like any child would do, I took a nap. Woke up from said nap to eat dinner and then headed off to the gym where I stared at myself in the mirrors and lifted some weights. Now I am blogging and the weekend is officially over! Keep it real fellow bloggers!