Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Thursday, March 10, 2005

86% rating: exceeding expectations

For a variety of obvious reasons I don't blog about my job all that often. On Wednesday though I got my annual Performance Review from my boss. I got a 4.3 out of 5.0. I must have the coolest boss out there because he knows I surf the net/blogs and IM a bit during the day. Add in my swimming lunches and you have plenty of time to email and phone car dealerships. I do get my stuff done and customers and co-workers are happy. Sure some things do slide, but everything does get addressed. The raise won't be hefty, but should support my childish Lego addiction, studly triathlon addiction, my three illegitimate children, or enable me to buy some new hip glasses.

In other news... please help me decide what type of music to use for my Rain Dance. Seattle is in the midst of a horrible drought right now so it's time for me to start dancing. This is the worst dry spell since 1992. I think I need to do my part by dancing for rain. I can easily come up with a great routine. I just need some help with the music. Milli Vanilli's lip synched song Blame it on Rain would be unwise, yet Blind Melon's No Rain might be suitable. There's that Singing in the Rain song also, but that assumes we have the rain. I just might even tape the dance to post here at a later date. How much do camels cost again?