Les Singes: The Life of Monkey Boy

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The mother load

Love for my good friend in Portland runs deep. Therefore, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I asked him to be our "Minister" a few years back when my wife and I got Mauied. I spent the entire past weekend with my good buddy and fondly remember what makes him so special and adorable. I spent roughly half my college years, yes all six of them, living with this guy. We have a plethora of stories about our antics that could spawn a whole separate blog. Today I will give you a snippet of an event over the past weekend which illustrates my pal's odd antics.

So my buddy, we'll call him "Scott", bought a 4 bedroom 2 bath house at the end of last year. I was cautioned by "Scott" not to use the upstairs bathroom during the past weekend. I guess that specific toilet has issues and gets a little backed up. It was suggested I go downstairs instead. Sure.. no big deal. I come back up and "Scott" is filling a two foot high bucket half full of water. Not sure what the hell he was doing, he looks at me and explains this is the way to fix a clogged toilet. I kind of snicker to myself and think, "damn this guy has watched too much of that dreadful MacGyver show as a kid". "Scott" proceeds to take the red bucket and powerfully dump the water into the toilet. Apparently this works to remove toilet clogs using pure brute force. I looked at him still laughing inside as this failed to clear the clog and stated to him, "you know plungers only cost $3-4 and can fix that right up?" He glanced at me like the word plunger was the newest hippest word he had heard.. Off to a large do it yourself place we were. Return home and I plunge the toilet for him. Problem solved!

Sometime I will give you the famous chocoalate cake story from college. It's a timeless classic!